Serverless Architecture allows you to abstract out Compute from your infrastructure and call compute service from Cloud Functions. This means you get the results of a server like encoding video, or computer vision without needing to maintain an Operating System.
- Event Driven Compute – means the compute services are called based on events that trigger them.
- Cloud Functions – are the way you call serverless services. They may also be called Azure Functions or Lambda Functions depending on the vendors naming strategy.
- Programmatic Administration vs “Old” Administration – Serverless Architectures require knowing programming languages and have little to do with GUI based Systems Administration.
- Languages – The languages that are required depend on the specific products from the vendors.
- Cost – Payment is based on compute time