PaaS or Platform as a Service is essentially “web hosting” for your code. Even run a “serverless” enviornment you still need somewhere to run your code from. PaaS gives you a place to run code, without having to worry about Operating System maintenance.
- Price – Prices may change significantly after the first renewal period
- Languages – Different PaaS vendors support different languages. Verify not just the language, but also the language version.
- ini File Editing – Verify you can edit ini files
- Additional Tools – Tools such as curl may be required for your code
- Security – DDoS Protection, Backup services and other security services can offer a base level of protection for your app and services.
- Compliance – PCI, HIPPA and other compliance may be provided by some vendors