Managing Users on Linux systems is very easy.
- sudo adduser username – adds users
- Additional profile information is not required, but a comment is a good idea.
- sudo deluser username – deletes the user, but not the profile folder
- sudo rm -rf /home/username – deletes profile folder
User Account File
- vim /etc/passwd – allows you to view the user account file
- passwd – changes your pasword
- sudo passwd username – changes password for another account
Change User Profiles
- sudo chfn username – changes profile information for user accounts.
Locking Accounts and Other Tasks
- sudo usermod -option username – allows you make some additional changes to user account abilities such as locking and unlocking accounts.