Jewelry and Clothing
- Take off rings and jewelry before working on electronics
- Try not to wear loose clothing
- Have a Dust Mask and Safety Glasses
- Electricity can kill or cause real harm.
- Unplug Computer, Take Out Battery, Push Power Button to discharge most electricity from device
- Don’t disassemble Power Supplies
- Capacitors are dangerous
- Static Electricity “can” destroy electronics
- ESD Wristbands and Mats can dissipate static electricity
- Cheap computer cases can have very sharp edges
- There’s a difference between “cheap” and ” inexpensive”.
- Cheap parts may be built without conforming to standards and can be dangerous.