TOR Browser to View Deep Web Sites and Protect Privacy
- Level: Beginner
- Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
- Date Created: September 4, 2013
- Length of Class: 16:58
- Research Assistance:
Purpose of Class
- This class teaches students how to use the TOR Browser Bundle to surf the web anonymously and to access “Deep Web” sites (Hidden Services).
- Everything you need to run the TOR Browser can be downloaded in the “TOR Browser Bundle” which allows you to use the browser without installing anything on the system.
- The TOR Browser has plugins disabled so things such as Flash will not work.
- You can use the computer as a Relay by configuring it in the TOR settings
- The TOR Browser allows you to access TOR Hidden Services
- The TOR Browser will route your HTTP traffic through the TOR network just like a mesh of proxy servers.
Lab Setup Used in Demonstration
- The ETCG Host Computer Specs are:
- ASUS Model: CM6870US01
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- i7 3.4 GHz Intel Processor