Deep Web, Introduction to the
- Level: Beginner
- Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
- Date Created: August 23, 2013
- Length of Class: 12:00
- Research Assistance:
Purpose of Class
- This class explains what the Deep web is.
- The Deep Web is made up of websites that are on the internet that are not indexed by search engines
- Robots.txt file in the web root folder can be edited to tell search engine spiders not to index a site.
- Sites may not be indexable for many reasons that are not nefarious, or illegal.
Lab Setup Used in Demonstration
- The ETCG Host Computer Specs are:
- ASUS Model: CM6870US01
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- i7 3.4 GHz Intel Processor