Introduction to Overclocking your CPU, or Memory (RAM)
- Level: Beginner
- Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
- Date Created: August 14, 2013
- Length of Class: 18:32
- Research Assistance:
Purpose of Class
- This class teaches students about Overclocking, why it’s useful, and also why it is rarely important today.
- Overclocking allows you to run your CPU or RAM faster then the manufacturer states it can run.
- Overclocking can create an unstable system
- To Overclock you need an Unlocked Processor, a Motherboard that Supports Overclocking, and Software to perform the Overclocking.
Lab Setup Used in Demonstration
- The ETCG Host Computer Specs are:
- ASUS Model: CM6870US01
- 16 GB of RAM
- 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
- i7 3.4 GHz Intel Processor