Wireless Bridges for Networking
- Level: Beginner
- Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
- Date Created: July 29, 2010
- Length of Class: 12 Minutes
Purpose of Class
- This class shows students how wireless access points can be used to connect networks.
- Why Wireless Bridges Are Used
- Creating a Wireless Bridge
- Wireless bridges can be used to connect networks in separate buildings, or inside of buildings where network cable cannot be run.
- You cannot use 2 wireless routers to create a bridge. One side HAS to be a dedicated Wireless Access Point
- In the Wireless Access Point set the access point to Bridge mode, and then enter the MAC address of the Wireless Router or Access Point it is connecting to.
- You can attach high powered antennas tot he access points ot make them work better.
- If you are going to use real time communication the bridge should be created with 802.11n equipment