Sharing Files with Web Services
- Level: Beginner
- Presenter: Eli the Computer Guy
- Date Created: April 9, 2010
- Length of Class: 24 Minutes
Purpose of Class
- This class demonstrates the abilities of current Web Services that allow members of an organization to easily share files.
- Why you should consider using Web Services to Share Files
- Demonstration of DropBox file sharing service
- Most Companies/ Organizations only need a server in order to share files
- Basic Concepts
- Web File Sharing Services Synchronize files between computers and the Web Services servers on the Internet.
- Generally these services are very easy to use and administer.
- We demonstrated using Dropbox because: They offer up to 100 GB of storage for $20 per month, They have a free 2 GB service, They work on Windows/Mac Linux.
- Final Thoughts…
- There are a lot of options
- Don’t rush into deploying a particular solution. Although the technology is “simple” any migration irritates users so you don’t want to have to do it twice.